Can you operate your gun under pressure; when it really counts? At Citadel Defense we strive to give you the mindset and skills necessary to have the confidence to emphatically answer "Yes!" Handgun 201, is a one day course designed to do just that.
This course is for both new and experienced shooters, teaching and reinforcing the foundation and more advanced mindset/skills through instruction, drills, and critique. This class will advance your handling and marksmanship.
Learn how to operate your gun under stress. Handgun 201 will significantly increase your confidence in carrying/operating a pistol and defending yourself through a day of learning.
- Universal and Omnipresent Gun Safety Rules
- Pistol Fundamentals - Stance, grip, sight alignment/picture, etc..
- Combat accuracy
- Post Shooting Procedures
- Reloading under duress
- Malfunction clearing techniques
- Single hand techniques
- Shooting from various positions
- Cover vs concealment use
- Shooting while moving
- Intro to 2 person tactics
What To Bring:
- An open, teachable mind
- Handgun 9mm-45ACP
- 650 rounds
- Note Taking Gear
- Strong Gun Belt
- Holster, Kydex or kydex like material highly recommended. IWB and AIWB permitted.
- Magazine pouches (able to carry two extra magazines on your person)
- Seasonally appropriate clothing suited to dynamic activity (no sandals/shorts)
- Bag lunch
- Ear and Eye Protection (electronic ears will make your life easier)
- Weapon lube and tools
- Water bottle
- At least 4 working magazines (the more the better)
- Tactical Light (if you have one, if not, no big deal)
- Knee pads if desired (time will be spent kneeling)
Need a Loaner?
Want to sign up but you need a loaner handgun? Let us know, we have a limited number of pistols (first signed up, first served) available to loan you for the day of shooting.
As long as you are reading this we still have loaners available. If we no longer are able to offer a loaner we will remove this text. Simply let us know you need a loaner as soon as you sign up and we'll get you taken care of.
Handgun 201 will be held on June 2nd 2018. Class starts at 8:30am at Ahlman's
For those of you choosing to do your permit to carry class in conjunction with Handgun 201 the classroom teaching for the permit class with take place on Friday (6/1/18) evening at 6:30pm in Edina, MN. The classroom portion is expected to take ~3 hours. The total cost for HG201 + Permit To Carry is $200. Details emailed out after you sign up.
Some more videos to help you get ready for Handgun 201