Handgun 301, is a two-day, Citadel Defense course designed for those with a solid grasp on the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship and weapons manipulation. This class assumes a solid foundation and seeks to refine those skills under mental and physical stress.
We expect students in Handgun 301 to be able to hit the ground running. Therefore Handgun 201 or prior pistol training from another reputable instructor is required.
This course focuses on single hand manipulation, surgical accuracy under pressure, various shooting positions and increased mental and physical stress.
- Universal & Omnipresent Gun Safety Rules
- Combat accuracy and Precision Shooting
- Stressful weapons handling
- Malfunction clearing techniques
- Single hand techniques (weapon hand and support hand)
- Shooting from various positions
- Close quarters shooting
- Team work and communication
- Shooting while moving
What To Bring:
- An open, teachable mind
- Handgun. 9mm-45ACP
- Note Taking Gear
- Belt, holster and magazine pouches (able to carry two extra magazines on your person)
- Seasonally appropriate clothing suited to dynamic activity (no sandals/shorts)
- Bag lunch
- Ear and Eye protection
- Weapon lube and tools
- Water bottle
- 1500 rounds
- At least 4 working magazines (the more the better)