Handgun 301, is a two-day, Citadel Defense course designed for those with a solid grasp on the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship and weapons manipulation. This class assumes a solid foundation and seeks to refine those skills under mental and physical stress.
We expect students in Handgun 301 to be able to hit the ground running. Therefore Handgun 201 or prior pistol training from another reputable instructor is required.
This course focuses on single hand manipulation, surgical accuracy under pressure, various shooting positions and increased mental and physical stress.
- Universal & Omnipresent Gun Safety Rules
- Combat accuracy and Precision Shooting
- Stressful weapons handling
- Malfunction clearing techniques
- Single hand techniques (weapon hand and support hand)
- Shooting from various positions
- Close quarters shooting
- Team work and communication
- Shooting while moving
What To Bring:
- An open, teachable mind
- Handgun 9mm-45ACP
- 1500 rounds
- Note Taking Gear
- Strong Gun Belt
- Holster - A HARD SIDED holster is REQUIRED. Leather, Kydex or kydex like plastic is acceptable. No soft sided holsters will be permitted. (Kydex or kydex like material highly recommended. IWB and AIWB permitted.)
- Magazine pouches (able to carry two extra magazines on your person)
- Seasonally appropriate clothing suited to dynamic activity (no sandals/shorts)
- Bag lunch
- Ear and Eye Protection (electronic ears will make your life easier)
- Weapon lube and tools
- Water bottle
- At least 4 working magazines (the more the better)
- Tactical Light (if you have one, if not, no big deal)
- Knee pads if desired (time will be spent kneeling)
Prerequisites: Handgun 201 or prior handgun training for a competent instructor.
Physical Fitness Level Required: Standing for long portions of time, considerable movement may be required including running over short distances, dynamic kneeling, sprawling and other vigorous physical action may be required.